Johns Hopkins University, 2011-present
- Spring 2016 & 2017: (New in 2016): EN 600.340. Introduction to Genomic Research. Cross-listed in both the CS and BME Departments, this undergraduate course counts towards the required coursework for both majors. Tues-Thurs 3:00-4:15pm.
- Spring 2015: BME 580.689. Computational Personal Genomics. Cross-listed in both the BME and CS Departments. Tues-Thurs 9:00-10:15am. Official catalog listing.
- I give a lecture each year in 330.600 Pharmacology in the School of Medicine
- SUMMER INTERNSHIPS. We’ve been taking summer interns every summer for 15 years. Starting in 2016, we accept applications only through the Summer Research Expeditions program in Computer Science. Interns are usually mentored by a postdoc or staff scientist in the lab.
Genomic Data Science specialization on Coursera
- The specialization includes seven courses
- Every class runs every month and lasts for one month
- All classes are free (although Coursera tries hard to get everyone to pay)
Introduction to Genomic Technologies, the overview for the specialization, is taught by Steven Salzberg and Jeff Leek
Python for Genomic Data Science, a gentle introduction to programming in Python, is taught by Mihaela (Ela) Pertea and Steven Salzberg
University of Maryland, 2005-2011
CMSC 828N, “Computational Gene Finding and Genome Assembly”, Spring 2006, Spring 2007, Fall 2007, Fall 2008.
CMSC 838K, “How to do research,” Fall 2008.
TIGR and earlier
Advances in Genome Technology and Bioinformatics, offered by TIGR and the Marine Biology Laboratory at Woods Hole, October 2004.
CS 439 Computational Biology, Fall 1999 and earlier years Johns Hopkins University (long out of date)